Senior Frontend Engineer (Mobile)
Imagine; a world without private cars, traffic jams and emissions..
With the umob app, we bring our users from A to B, worry free. Jump on one of the e-scooters at the corner of your street, hop on the train and take the taxi or public bike in Paris. A oui. It was never this easy. All within one platform and one verification! umob helps create a world where we give the streets back to our people, not to cars. We aim for a livable future, and we would like to welcome you to the team.
1 app, 1 verification. And 1 place to discover, book and pay. There is only 1 planet after all.
Let?s connect the dots. Some of our big why?s:
- Make cities and countries more livable & sustainable.
- Simplify and unify shared mobility across Europe; become #1 MAAS platform.
- 1 app and 1 verification for the consumer to use (e-)bikes, public- & shared-mobility, taxi, and you name it.
Impact the way the world travels as our Senior Frontend Engineer (Mobile).
Ever thought about the way we travel and how we should shake things up? This is your chance to join a team that is at the forefront of doing exactly that. As our Senior Frontend Engineer (Mobile), you’ll design, build, and maintain the frontend of our mobile consumer app, firstly for the Netherlands but soon in Europe, Asia & the US. Your work has a direct impact on our users and the sustainability of our cities. The things you build have real-life impact that you can also experience on your way home. We expect you to grow fast within umob if you have that ambition. This role offers a unique chance to join a new technology team of A-players united by the goal of revolutionizing mobility through impactful IT solutions.
Umomentum: Why join umob now?
- Recently funded by private investors, our last round was 6 million, read more.
- Experienced founders from GreenWheels (CEO Bibi Jorissen), GO Sharing (CCO Raymon Pouwels), KNAB bank (COO Don van Arem) and Lepaya (CTO Ahmed Omar).
- Proven product/market fit and already operating.
- Interesting STAK shareplan for every employee; we share mobility and success.
- Fast-paced learning and growth in an environment of autonomy and responsibility.
- A prime spot in Rotterdam from January, just 5 minutes away from Rotterdam Central Station!
Your next destination. Join our team if have the right drive & experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master?s degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Frontend Development, proficient in building interfaces with modern technologies and frameworks;
- Proven expertise in software development, particularly in hybrid mobile app development (iOS/Android) (our current stack is React.native, Angular, .NET, C#, Azure);
- Strong UI Design skills to ensure an intuitive and delightful user experience;
- Experience in conducting code reviews, maintaining high coding standards, and rigorous testing to ensure bug-free applications;
- Experience with design systems, mobile applications, CI/CD pipelines & automated testing;
Bonus points for the following experience:
- UX design;
- FullStack development, DevOps and observability;
- Implementing integrations with third-party APIs and SDKS;
- Functional programming;
- Performance optimizations.
- Build & app-store process optimization.
- Feels at home in a young, fun, yet entrepreneurial management team in an early startup with big potential;
- Thrives on the challenge of building a scalable platform used by millions globally, you?re not afraid to build a new wing on a flying plane;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, balancing teamwork with independent initiative;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities, coupled with a continuous learning mindset;
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology, demonstrating adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus points for mentoring skills with junior developers and expertise in the B2C/mobility domain.
If you ride with us;
- Pay you (surprising!) + interesting Equity plan: let?s talk about this in the first conversation we?ll have, at startups things are not set in stone but the sky is also not the limit;
- Let you enjoy an island, camping, sunny or snowy destination for 25 days per year;
- Pension contribution;
- Daily healthy lunch included;
- Allow you to work wherever, including 3 days at our Rotterdam HQ;
- Your chance to play a big role in the early team of a future scaleup, building a new tech-team from the base up;
- Provide you with great gear; a high-end laptop and whatever else you need to succeed #immersed?
- Standard travel reimbursement for commuting cost using public transport & become a umob superuser; ride our shared-mobility up to ?50 per month (maximized by law);
- Career growth opportunities, learning and personal development budget; we grow together!
- Have fun as well. It?s not unique to have pingpong, friday drinks and nice events but the people make all the difference!
Your turn, U-turn!
Reach out if you are interested or curious to learn more. We would rather receive your LinkedIn profile and a few genuine bullet points about your interest so don?t hesitate and reach out right away. Urgent questions first? Reach out to Laura Voorsluijs (Lead Recruiter) via Whatsapp.